Many people may not be aware but NottinghamLIVE initially launched as a pdf magazine back in October 2009. All in all the magazine ran for six issues until April 2010 before ceasing production. We then returned in October 2010 as a website only product.
We recently came across the magazines while doing some housekeeping and have decided to make them available for anybody who wants to check them out.
Below you can check out the link to Issue One which was released in October 2009.
Featured in Issue One
- Scotch Egg – We chat to newly formed acoustic trio Scotch Egg ahead of their debut gig (which happened to be NottinghamLIVE @ Seven)
- A Web of Potential – Hannah Larham, promotions manager at Seven, talks to us about the importance of the internet – and social media – in promoting gigs and drawing in crowds.
- The Hockley Hustle – We take a look at multi-venue charity fest the Hockley Hustle and chat to organiser Adam Pickering as well as one of the bands performing at the event, Captain Dangerous.
- Why I Loved – NottinghamLIVE Editor tells us about Why he loved student nights at Rock City – despite having never been a student.
- Rebel Soul Collective – We speak to the Nottingham band about their upcoming EP
- Sherwood Radio – Tying you into Notts – We take a look at Sherwood Radio a newly launched online radio station in north Nottingham.
- Tips for Success in the Music Industry – Nottingham musician Marc Reeves gives his views on how to succeed in music in this column
- Venue Profile: Seven – We take a look at Seven following it’s recent relaunch under new owners.
- Love Music – Nottingham born and bred music lover Alan Hunt on his love of music.