Organised by the Nottingham Business Improvement District (BID) the events will showcase the vast array of brilliant food and drink venues available here in Nottingham city centre.
- Craft Beer and Sausage Tasting at Oaks, Bromley Place on Monday 21 September between 6pm and 7.30 pm (£15 per person)
- Burrito Making Masterclass on Thursday 24 September at Barburrito, King Streeet at 7pm (£10 per person)
- Homemade Secret Supper Club with a Latin theme on Thursday 24 September from 7.30pm to 10.30pm at Homemade, Pelham Street (£25 per person)
- MacMillan World’s Biggest Coffee Morning on Friday 25 September from 8.00am to 11.00am at Genting Casino
- Sushi Masterclass on Saturday 26 September from 2pm to 3.30pm at Chino Latino, Maid Marian Way (£20 per person)
During this special week, a handful of the city’s must-eat eateries are making Taste of Nottingham easy on the pocket as well as the taste buds, by taking part in a special Dine for £10 scheme. You can get your fill of Nottingham’s most delectable offerings at 4550 Miles from Delhi, Bad Juju, Chino Latino, Carluccio’s, Harvester, Patisserie Valerie, Rub Smokehouse, Wildwood and World Service.
The week-long initiative will come to a fitting climax at the Taste of Nottingham Market which forms part of the Great Notts Show in Old Market Square taking place from Thursday 24 to Sunday 27 September. A number of members of the BID in the food and drink sector are taking stalls in the market adjacent to the Brian Clough Statue. Those taking part include Carluccio’s, Cookie Shake, Homemade, Nandos, Treat Kitchen, Rub Smokehouse, Weavers and Debenhams.
“A Taste of Nottingham is a great opportunity for people to enjoy the wide variety of exciting restaurants and bars in the city,” said Tom Waldron Lynch, vice-chairman of the Nottingham BID. “The number of new openings this year confirms just how vibrant our food and drink scene is.”
All the details of the events and the venues taking part together with exclusive offers, features and recipes showcasing Nottingham’s superb food and drink offering, can be found in the specially-created Taste of Nottingham guide that is available in the city centre at the businesses involved, hotels, tourist information centres and shopping centres. To find out more about A Taste of Nottingham or for ongoing special offers and deals from the city’s leisure and retail businesses, go to www.itsinnnottingham.com/taste